Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Yale-NUS Class of 2021

1252627282931»

Replies to: Yale-NUS Class of 2021

• CheonSongYiCheonSongYi Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    Nope still waiting
  • xbaknamxxbaknamx Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey @Admission371 I am a prspective student and will be applying next year. It would be very helpful if you could share info on your essays, extracurriculars, scores etc. Would be really helpful! I'll be grateful :D
    prospective*
    @DEEPUSS Heyyy! I am from India too and currently in grade 12! I'll be applying next year, and honestly Yale NUS is the only place I want to go to! Could you share info, about your essays, academics, extracurriculars etc.? Would really help, thankss!! :)
  • Helen13Helen13 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I'm looking for any input from US citizens, either who applied to or attend Yale-NUS.

I'm concerned about financial aid and/or the work bond requirement. If she is admitted to Yale, my daughter will get a full scholarship, including room, board, tuition, books, study abroad, travel expenses. I think NUS would be more expensive, am I right? I talked to her about the work bond (and I know you can buy your way out of it, right?) She is against committing to any work bond whatsoever.

Also, a Yale-NUS degree is not a degree issued by Yale University, is it?

Finally, my daughter is looking at liberal arts colleges, which is why she is leaning towards Yale, a very LACish Ivy. She has visited Singapore before and is concerned about free speech issues. The Socratic method, argument and critical thinking are fundamental at Yale in New Haven or any liberal arts college. I don't see how this can occur with Singapore's human rights/speech issues.

This discussion has been closed.