right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Smith College Supplement for Fall 2020?

waterlily9918waterlily9918 3 replies2 postsRegistered User New Member
The Smith essay for this year is "If you had a theme song - a piece of music that describes you, what would it be and why? Please include the name of the song and the artist." The thing is that I may have a lot of songs that I truly love, but to find a song that describes me well is not an easy thing for me. When I try to draft the essay, it sounds more like "why I like the song" instead of "how the song describes me". Anyone can give me any advice to approach this question? Any help is appreciated, thank you!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Smith College Supplement for Fall 2020?

• SpringbirdSpringbird 139 replies9 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    One suggestion is to approach this from the other direction. What do you want Smith to know about you? Then try to find a song that would communicate that to Admissions. Note that it doesn't necessarily have to be one of your favorite songs.

I am guessing that they are looking for a thoughtful or insightful or *humorous response that is 1) well-written, and 2) tells them a little bit more about you.

*only write something humorous if that is really who you are - it can be hard to be funny!
    · Reply · Share