right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Learn from Laura Reisert Kalinkewicz from RaiseMe and Charlie Javice from Frank how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes. Join us TODAY at 5pm ET. Register and ask your question NOW.

Smith College ED 2024

waterlily9918waterlily9918 20 replies4 threads Junior Member
edited December 2019 in Smith College
About two more weeks to the release of ED result, let’s connect!
edited December 2019
118 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Smith College ED 2024

• westmassgalwestmassgal 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I’m so nervous! It’s a bit of a reach for me, but I’m excited to see the decision.
    · Reply · Share
  • waterlily9918waterlily9918 20 replies4 threads Junior Member
    edited December 2019
    Hey same here! I think I might not get in anyway but I’m nervous and excited to see the result. I’m an international student who doesn’t have a chance to visit Smith, but I have the opportunity to have a chat with the AO there and Smith sounds like a great place! Really wish to get there, I guess for now everything boils down to luck. All the best!
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • alanampalanamp 17 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I’m super nervous as well! Does anyone know if there’s an exact date that the decisions will be released or is it just by December 15th?
    · Reply · Share
    If I’m not wrong last year was on December 14 at 5pm PST. I think it should be around the same time this year.
    · Reply · Share
  • parent1973parent1973 80 replies25 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone know the date decisions will be released?
    · Reply · Share
  • allyphoeallyphoe 2525 replies61 threads Senior Member
    My money is on Friday 12/13. But it hasn't been announced yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • elizardbethelizardbeth 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone know exactly HOW we get the decision? Like via a letter or an email or what? I applied ED and I have no idea when/how we get our response. Welp!
    · Reply · Share
  • abbygirlroseabbygirlrose 23 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Back when I applied (I was class of 2018), the acceptance showed up on the portal.
    · Reply · Share
    From Smith’s CDS the date of ED result release is December 15
    · Reply · Share
  • parent1973parent1973 80 replies25 threads Junior Member
    Does Smith send out something telling applicants when the release date is?
    · Reply · Share
    Last year the email came two days before decisions were released.
    · Reply · Share
  • AltGazelleAltGazelle 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm an ED I applicant waiting to hear from Smith... Today I logged into iDoc to obsessively check my financial aid documents and noticed that two Direct Loan-related requirements have appeared... Have these appeared for everyone else?
    · Reply · Share
    My kid's IDOC still says "ALERT: All required documents have been submitted and are processed."

Ah, but in the Smith FA portal, under Documents and Messages, there are two new direct loan related items.
    Message Text
    Complete this requirement at StudentLoans.gov. Click on document name to link to that website. Be prepared with your FSA ID to sign in.

Declining Offered Direct Loan:
    Disregard this requirement. It should disappear after you decline the loan via the Loan Action option in the above menu. If it remains after declining the loan aid, then contact us at [email protected]

Either Decision:
    If you have not already done so, you must accept or decline the loan via the Loan Action option in the Menu drop-down list. This option activates after your OFFICIAL aid award has been determined for which you will be sent email notification. (Entering Undergraduates: Note that the award that was provided to you before you enrolled was a TENTATIVE award that goes through a finalization process to consider any new information.)

Entering Transfer/Grad Students:
    If you previously borrowed a Direct Loan, then you must access your counseling record via StudentLoans.gov and have it transmitted to Smith OR elect to do the counseling again to satisfy this requirement. (Grad Students: If you will be a 1st-time Grad PLUS Loan borrower, then you must do the Entrance Counseling again.)

Session data will be transmitted to and processed by Smith about every 7-10 days.

Questions? Contact our loan area at [email protected] Please include your full name and ID#.
    · Reply · Share
    I think we can safely assume this is a generic change for all US applicants for financial aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • swimgyrlswimgyrl 6 replies1 threads New Member
    edited December 2019
    My FA page has the same message, complete loan counseling and MPN. It must be a standard thing.
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
    When you say portal do you mean Common Ap/Coalition/etc? Or is there something else we needed to log into/set up? If so how do I go about doing that?
    · Reply · Share
    You should have gotten an email after submitting your application that said:
    Thank you for applying to Smith College! We are writing to confirm that we have received your application. To check the status of your application materials or update your contact information, you can access your Student Status Page with this username and temporary PIN:
    · Reply · Share
  • HelgaHHelgaH 6 replies0 threads New Member
    @elizabeth You should have received an email to log into the Smith Portal after your application was received. It shows the status of all your application docs.
    · Reply · Share
    Oh no! I never received an email like that! I know I've applied because they've sent me other emails and the like, but I never received anything like what you have there!
    · Reply · Share
  • alanampalanamp 17 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I did some research and apparently Villanova accidentally released the entrance counseling forms early in 2017 - it seems some got it and some didn’t, and there might be a correlation with acceptance? I’m trying not to be too hopeful, and I’m planning on calling the financial aid office tomorrow to ask about it!
    · Reply · Share