Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Financial aid for international student?

chrismchrism Registered User Posts: 637 Member
edited April 2007 in Smith College
Hi,
I work at an Ivy and have befriended a young woman (jr in high school) from a small country who is here accompanying a parent who is a international grad student at this Ivy.

She attends our local high school, and does reasonably well at this very competitive school. She's interested in Biology/pre-med and is very serious and hard-working. I'm helping her with college admissions, and would love to recommend Smith to her, but she would need full aid and I don't know if that is realistic at Smith.

Any advice or info appreciated!

Chris
Post edited by chrism on

Replies to: Financial aid for international student?

• blurblur Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    Hello, I am an intel. Smith give pretty decent aid for intl student and I have heard of intel getting a full ride or near full. So I think it wouldn't be much of a problem if she do indeed need a full ride.
  • MomwaitingfornewMomwaitingfornew Registered User Posts: 5,821 Senior Member
    She should also look at MHC, which is known for giving aid to internationals.
This discussion has been closed.