I'm a junior. I just visited Smith this week, and I loved it!
I attend a highly selective private school in California (about 25% of everyone goes to an Ivy or Stanford).
GPA: 3.5/4.0 Unweighted (I had a hard time freshman year. My 1st semester GPA was around 2.9. Last semester, my GPA was 3.9. BIG improvement) Rank: around 40/100 now, could be around 35/100 by Senior year Courses: Only AP this year is APUSH (standard for my school). Next year I'll take AP Calc AB, AP Physics, AP Econ and AP Stat, along with an intense independent study on constitutional law. Eng AP is not offered. Recommendations: 1 Great, 1 Good. Also, my counselor rec will be great.
SAT: 2310 (730CR, 780M, 800W) SAT2: I haven't taken them yet, but I'll take Math 2 and US History. I expect to do well.
- A LOT of community service (about 200 hours this year alone). I really love the projects I do, and can write and talk a lot about them.
- Varsity Field Hockey and Lacrosse (I won't play in college)
- Art - Sclupture and Ceramics
- I'm really interested in legal studies (I want to major in political science), and have taken a lot of extra courses
- This summer, I'll be interning with a congressman in Washington DC
- How much do you interact with the students at the other schools in the area?
- I'd guess dating isn't as easy as it'd be at a coed college, but is it possible? Does a good percentage of the students date?
- How much do people housed in different sections of the school interact?