Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Got Mail!!!

lacy1lacy1 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
edited June 2009 in Smith College
After I sent in my medical forms and other paperwork I recieved from Smith, I havent really recieved anything else. Many of my other friends are getting alot of paperwork, their college email addresses, and many emails. The other day, I was looking through the Smith website, and it was from there when I found out about the summer reading for new students. Do we get most of our information from the site and does the banner web really important?
Post edited by lacy1 on

Replies to: Got Mail!!!

• PrairiePrairie Registered User Posts: 159 Junior Member
    Probably, an email account has been set up for you already. To get there, go to Smith College, then click on "Groupwise" on the lower right. Your user name is the first letter of your first name followed by the first six letters of your last name (no spaces, lower case), and your password is the same as your Banner Web password, minus the last number.
  • LaMariposaAzulLaMariposaAzul Registered User Posts: 379 Member
    The email account has indeed been set already. Smith ITS sent out an email about it earlier this week, and about a few other technological things...

Prairie's post is exactly right, except I think the email is the first 7 letter of your last name. That's what worked for me on Groupwise, anyway.
  • McPucks1357McPucks1357 Registered User Posts: 388 Member
    definitely 7 letters for the last name.
  • TheDadTheDad Registered User, ! Posts: 10,225 Senior Member
    Hmm. D's Smith e-mail was first letter of first name plus first six of last name. But her last name has only six letters.
  • borginborgin Registered User Posts: 616 Member
    Mine was first initial + seven (my last name is longer than seven letters).

Or you could just wait until you're given information that tells you exactly what your email address is...
  • composercomposer Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    has anything else besides the e-mail been sent off? like housing?
  • CygneCygne Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    No, housing assignments won't come out until July.
    thanks for telling me! my e-mail (well my dad's) is down so i have the e-mail but the hyperlink won't work. so it's going 2b a while before i get to c it... is it just e-mail or also about laptop requirements?
  • CygneCygne Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    There was a message about laptop requirements which gave this link: TechNotes Blog Archive Important news for new Smith students
    You should be able to access all the information there.
    Thanks! It's good to know that my virus scan still works for free and don't need to worry.
  • lacy1lacy1 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    thanks guys, i got in, it looks like I did not read the email correctly. It def. feels real official now that I have the eamil. super happpy
This discussion has been closed.