right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SMU Sorority Rush

itsme1234itsme1234 0 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
Hi, I was thinking of rushing at SMU!! I am a DG legacy (mom) but was primarily interested in Kappa, Theta, and Pi Phi at SMU. I was wondering if the fact that I am not a legacy for any of these houses would keep me from even being considered? Also, I am from California and was wondering if that would help in any way? I also was wondering what these sororities are looking for exactly. If anyone has had a daughter rush or a you are a mom who rushed LMK! Thanks, these are just some questions :))
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: SMU Sorority Rush

• applicantXIXapplicantXIX 77 replies15 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Hi! I do not know from experience, but I am also rushing at SMU this January and have received advice from people who rushed in the past. Legacy/Recommendation Letters are not the only things that cause you to be in consideration for a bid. They help people that do have them, but sororities, like the college process, are looking at a holistic representation of you.

Regarding your California question, about 25% of the SMU population is from California. Like I said before, it is totally a holistic process in each house and they're just trying to get to know you and see if you would be a great recruit for their community. That said, you being from California could help if you have connections with some of the girls in a house? I have read that DGs have a lot of girls from California, but that might be just something floating around.

Regardless, you are gonna do amazing! I totally feel-- the whole process is a little overwhelming!! Have a great rest of your summer & hope to meet you in the Fall. :)
    · Reply · Share