Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Feedback on highschool choices

masonstevens23masonstevens23 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I currently go to Lakeside High School in Seattle. It is the #6 best high school academically in the United States. I am struggling quite a bit and am very stressed and therefore considering transferring to a public high school where the workload and stress level would be significantly less. I am expecting a 3.5 GPA at Lakeside and 1-3 honors classes if I choose to stay. My question is as far as getting admission to a top college would it be more appealing to receive a 3.5 GPA at my current high school and take 1-3 honors classes or transfer to a public high school and receive a 4.0 GPA and 4-6 AP classes by graduation? Even with taking AP classes and getting a 4.0 at a public high school I believe the workload would be significantly less than what it takes for me to get a 3.5 now. Let me know and thank you!

Replies to: Feedback on highschool choices

• sedspqrsedspqr Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I would say go with the public school. Colleges are probably more interested in you succeeding wherever you are than you being in a specific place. Being at a top high school is honestly no help if you're doing poorly. However I am not an expert so please wait for more experienced opinions :)
This discussion has been closed.