Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is a D or dropping a course better?

monaipmonaip Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I’m an international baccalaureate student who is doing very poorly at math right now and I am going to most likely end the semester with a D. I was struggling with my last year but the teacher didn’t grade anything so my grade didn’t reflect that. This year the teacher has only put tests into the grade book and no matter how hard I have tried I cannot get my grade up. Would it be better for me to drop the class or keep it and probably do poorly next semester? A part of me believes that I should drop the class because I have been awarded full tuition scholarships from two schools that will probably be taken away if I continue to do poorly.

Replies to: Is a D or dropping a course better?

• wittystudentwittystudent Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Has there been extenuating cirumstances that made you end up with a D. there might be options where you can drop a class late given special circumstances.