right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions today (4/1). Share your outcome!

NM vs. MD

thestrokesthestrokes 15 replies4 threads New Member
I was wondering why the NM US News ranking was so much higher than the MD one. I realize that the prospective student probably shouldn't care about rankings, and I don't, but is there a dramatic difference in the seriousness of academics or admissions or anything like that?
edited August 2010
3 replies
Post edited by thestrokes on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: NM vs. MD

• HorseRadishHorseRadish - 126 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Perhaps Santa Fe over Baltimore is the more reasoned assessment over choices by students, faculty, and administration.

Santa Fe and its campus has a more national draw to it environs than the metropolitan Baltimore.
    · Reply · Share
  • samuel924samuel924 36 replies0 threads Junior Member
    There is no campus in Baltimore. The Maryland campus is in Annapolis. There is no difference in the seriousness, perhaps Annapolis tutors are most formal and strict than Santa Fe,but all changes in the program are approved by both campuses etc. Remember,it is one college : two campuses. The admissions criteria are the same. That's actually really odd that they ranked it that way.
    · Reply · Share
  • PhilosophilePhilosophile 3 replies1 threads New Member
    The Santa Fe campus was built much more recently; the buildings and dorms are far more current. The scenery is also much better than the Maryland campus.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity