Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Stanford RD 2018 Discussions' Thread

Replies to: Stanford RD 2018 Discussions' Thread

• Lilliana330Lilliana330 Registered User Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    @yangmaster Well, all we can do is wait & see :/ And yes, glad it's over!
  • DoyouknowwhoiamDoyouknowwhoiam Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    When does Stanford come out?
  • TrinidadJames22TrinidadJames22 Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    Decisions start releasing same as today, but not immediately. You just have to wait on the e-mail.
  • chemicaholicchemicaholic Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Got rejected by Duke and Berkeley... Though I have UChicago, Stanford has always been my No.1 Dream School :x
  • TheW8iskillingmeTheW8iskillingme Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    @chemicaholic Uchicago is the perfect school. I would die to be taken off the wait list. So even if Stanford doesn't work... Please be somewhat happy :)
  • Lilliana330Lilliana330 Registered User Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Less than 8 hours to go!
  • TanboyrunfastTanboyrunfast Registered User Posts: 252 Junior Member
    Legacy at Stanford, accepted to Yale and Columbia, but rejected by Cornell, Penn, and Dartmouth. I just got my acceptance packet for Haverford, so Stanford is the last school I'll here back from. I honestly have zero expectations -- I had none yesterday, which made the acceptances so much better.
  • davelee1054davelee1054 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Acceptance rate is <5% apparently because of increase in number of applicants. I've basically already been denied.
  • yangmasteryangmaster Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    @davelee1054: I think it's safe to assume that in order to mitigate any disappointment.
  • midwedwardmidwedward Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Duke was the school of my dreams...rejected. I have never been so crushed in my life. Stanford is the last team i have remaining. For all things holy, Stanford, please do not nullify my last four years of work. My backup right now is northwestern, but I want to get out of the Midwest sooooooooooooo bad!
  • yangmasteryangmaster Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    @midwedward: You should be glad that you have the opportunity to attend Northwestern. It certainly deserves to be considered as more than a "backup."
    I know, but I visited there, and I did not feel like it clicked. I understand that it is prestigious, and my hurt pride is probably overriding my thoughts right now. I just wanted Duke so bad, because I thought I had a good shot at it, as opposed to Harvard, Princeton, and here, where I am just hoping to get lucky. I honestly laughed at my Princeton and Harvard letters, no sweat, but the Duke rejection crushed me.
  • Gregg1Gregg1 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I know the anxiety level is high but just know that the colleges you all are mentioning that you got accepted to are all amazing schools. After any initial hut dissipates, you all will hopefully be thrilled with wherever it is you enroll and not look back with any regret or disappointment. As one said earlier, Stanford is an amazing place but less than 1 in 20 will get accepted today as I think it will come in just under 5%. Many more apps, over 42,000 in total and the best of the best. From reading this blog site, you all are amazing young people so be happy with the incredible places you are getting the good news from.
    All that said, I hope you hear the news you are looking for today.
  • Gregg1Gregg1 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Arrgh... typos....initial hurt, not hut. See, I am the one who should be denied admission :)
This discussion has been closed.