Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Concerns about financial aid

ScrabbleMxScrabbleMx Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited March 2011 in Stanford University
I am a senior in high school and I was just accepted to Stanford! I am ecstatic and I really want to go. HOWEVER, my parents looked at the financial aid info and freaked out. Our EFC is about $50,000. My dad's income is a little more than twice that much. Am I expected to take on ~$35,000 per year in student loans? If not, is Stanford willing to expand my current ~$2,000 grant? I would really like to go, but I feel like my family is too well-off to get need-based aid, but not wealthy enough to pay for my education. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!
Post edited by ScrabbleMx on

Replies to: Concerns about financial aid

• NJDSNJDS Registered User Posts: 1,323 Senior Member
    they also look at savings, investments, and other information. an income of ~100k alone would not usually be high enough for just $2k in grant.

unfortunately, they almost never reconsider financial aid in terms of grants. they might increase the subsidized loans, but that is quite useless.
This discussion has been closed.