Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Ooops: Princeton, Yale, Stanford, Cornell

CoolRunningCoolRunning Registered User Posts: 329 Member
edited April 2011 in Stanford University
What say you regarding a true scientist? We've read all that is online, and each offers its own opportunities. DD will visit, but I don't like what I don't know (a normal dad). Any students/alumni that have been there and done that . . . willing to give a bit of advice, please? Thanks in advance!
Post edited by CoolRunning on

Replies to: Ooops: Princeton, Yale, Stanford, Cornell

• TheGFGTheGFG Registered User Posts: 6,216 Senior Member
    My D appreciates that Stanford believes in interdepartmental collaboration, which leads to some pretty exciting research, and innovative ideas, discoveries, and inventions.
  • CoolRunningCoolRunning Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    Thanks TheGFG! I'm really appreciative of the input from those that KNOW. She'll visit, or course, but we do need some heads-up on what to look for specifically (good and bad). Thanks.
  • SlorgSlorg Registered User Posts: 2,009 Senior Member
    They're all great schools. I know students at all (except Yale), and all of them have been satisfied. Let your daughter decide for herself. Sheesh.
  • CoolRunningCoolRunning Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    Thanks Slorg. She will. Now, if you don't mind, tell what is not so great at Stanford if you have attended. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.