Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

what are my chances?

tahinaktahinak Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
edited February 2012 in Stanford University
Hi, I am an international student ( I am from west-Africa) and I have the firm intention of getting into Stanford. It is now over a year that I have been in the US, and I am currently attending a Community college. It is only now that I found out that Stanford accept only 1% of their transfer candidates, but I still want to apply.

My concern is that unlike most american I have very little volunteer hour ( around 6hours)
I have not been in a club, during my high-school years ( we do not have such things in our country) in sum, I do not have a furnished resume like most pretenders.
I only have my academic achievements: I currently have a 4.00 GPA; for our national exam, I was ranked first of our city ( the capital of our country).
I speak french, english (obviously), Arabic and understand a little of german. I know it is not enough but I am trying to get more involve, by doing community services, joining clubs.....
So do y'all think it is a loss quest in advance or I should try my luck?
Any advice is more than welcomed!!!
Post edited by tahinak on

Replies to: what are my chances?

This discussion has been closed.