Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Stanford Waitlist

13»

Replies to: Stanford Waitlist

• SeaLegsSeaLegs Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    stanford78, unfortunately--for me at least--your prediction was amazingly prescient.
  • collegedad2013collegedad2013 - Posts: 241 Junior Member
    so the post that started this thread was clearly very wrong.
  • CantConcentrateCantConcentrate Registered User Posts: 2,552 Senior Member
    Got the same e-mail.
  • cc2468cc2468 Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    Same...oh well, UCHICAGO HERE I COME <3
  • stanford78stanford78 Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    collegedad2013 - the OP was ultimately right, but for all the wrong reasons and his information and admonition to other waitlisted students not to bother was way off - if not insidious.

Something else that's interesting is that it appears, from what I can tell, that Stanford has taken no transfers into the class of 2016 (i.e. sophomores). Class size management is obviously very important.

P.S. My interest in all of this is that my DD was waitlisted last year and tossed in a transfer application this year. 0-2 but worth the try. Now she knows how the semi-finalists on those reality talent shows feel!
  • porsche2012porsche2012 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Anyone came off the wait list this year?
  • texaspgtexaspg Forum Champion Pre-Med & Medical Posts: 16,678 Forum Champion
    stanford78 - I believe last year's class is one of the largest making it hard to find spots even if some leave.

However, I am curious how transfer decisions are made this early since the school only ends in mid June and it would need to depend purely based on students who dropped out by end of second quarter. Have they already said no?
  • stanford78stanford78 Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    Transfer decisions were send out in mid-May.
  • stanford06stanford06 Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Waitlisted transfer over here. Took my spot at Columbia though.
  • collegeboundzlcollegeboundzl Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    congrats to all the accepts!
13»
This discussion has been closed.