Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Questions about joining a fraternity

Pal4TerPal4Ter Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hi,

So I am very interested in going to Stanford and will probably early action there when I finish my application. This is kind of a side thought that has been going through my mind while thinking about the college process: whether I will join a fraternity or not. Obviously this is something to think about if I am accepted but certain thoughts like this one get stuck in my mind and I am very confused about the whole process of joining a fraternity so I thought I'd post my questions here: if somebody wants to join a fraternity at Stanford, will he be offered a bid to at least one? If not, would you say most people who want to join a fraternity are offered a bid to at least one?

Thanks in advance. Also, for those of you who will go through my previous post, I apologize for that and am aware that came off as ignorant and superficial.

Replies to: Questions about joining a fraternity

• HavocOnTheBeatHavocOnTheBeat Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    There are a lot of fraternities on campus. Everything from the traditional housed fraternities to business-oriented, culturally-oriented, etc. So it is likely that you will find your fit on campus greek life if you're interested. That being said, not everyone is guaranteed to be in a housed fraternity mentioned earlier. All in all Stanford greek life is pretty progressive. It's not as rigid as it is in other parts of the country. Source: I'm a junior in a fraternity.
This discussion has been closed.