Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Stanford vs Rice

moonlight_sonatamoonlight_sonata Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited April 2006 in Stanford University
I've been accepted to both Stanford and the Rice/Baylor program (8-year program for Rice U. and Baylor med school) and now I'm trying to decide between them. I live in Houston and am pretty sure (85%?) I want to become a doctor. Rice also offered me merit scholarships and research money. However, I know people at Stanford and they all loved it. Stanford seems to be great at a lot of different areas, and California/Stanford sounds like a wonderful place. Stanford is also more prestigious than Rice.
Does anyone have any suggestions/comments that can help? thanks
Post edited by moonlight_sonata on

Replies to: Stanford vs Rice

• zephyr151zephyr151 Registered User Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Stanford's biology and chemistry education is excellent. You will get into a good medical school, with a good chance at one better than Baylor. There are tons and tons of research opportunities.
  • joemamajoemama Registered User Posts: 554 Member
    How much money did Rice offer? Half or Full tuition? More?

Is money an issue for you and your family.

Where would you like to live and work?
  • jackieboy24jackieboy24 Registered User Posts: 251 Junior Member
    this is a tough one since you got into the program at rice, which from my understanding is quite prestigious. I think it comes down to which school you like better personally. Have you visited both schools? I think this one comes down to preference.
  • veerawudthveerawudth Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    Go to Stanford then apply for a medical school :)
    it won't be that hard
This discussion has been closed.