right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have identified a log in issue that is preventing some members from accessing the site. The support team is diligently working on resolving it. We hope to have an update soon. Read more here. Thanks for your understanding!

Chance me Stanford University REA Class of 2024

engineering1234engineering1234 0 replies1 threads New Member
Chance-Me to: Stanford University (REA)
Intended Major: Management Science and Engineering
Stats
GPA (UW/W): 3.84
Ranking and Course Rigor: not available (top 10%)
SAT/ACT w/ Section Scores: 1480 (R&W: 720 M: 760)
SAT Subjects: none, I did IB
AP/IB Scores: IB predicted 42 - HLs (I did 4): Physics (7), Maths (6), Portuguese B (7), English L&L (6) - SLs: Economics (7), Visual Arts (6)
Extracurriculars w/ very brief description
1.) Competitive (Regional + National) Field Hockey for +10 years
2.) Volleyball +2 years
3.) Organised a campaign and raised money to buy 7 new wheelchairs for underprivileged kids
4.) Volunteer beach clean up (1 year once a week)
5.) MUN club - multiple MUN local experiences, national Brazilian MUN, Multimedia Executive
6.) Summer Program NSLC Yale University Business & Entrepeneurship
7.) Music: Vocal for +10 years
8.) Music: Piano for +3 years
9.) Photography
10.) Visual Arts (including exhibition + website on the application)
Awards/Honors w/ level of recognition (Regional, State, National, International)
1.) Student Learner Profile - Resilient
2.) Excellent Academic Performance in: Physics and Portuguese B - awarded to one student per class
3.) Excellent Academic Performance in: Physics, Economics, Portuguese B- awarded to one student per class
4.) Excellent Academic Performance in: ICT and Music - awarded to one student per class
5.) Outstanding Effort in: Economics, Art (11); Music, ICT, English, Portuguese B (10) - one per class
Subjective
—Essays (out of 10) and additional info about them:
-Common App essay: 9.5/10 i talked about moving to Brazil from Argentina relating my life to a mathematical equation (really showed struggles+overcoming them and my passion for maths), plus talking about communication
-Something meaningful essay: 8/10 talked about arts and communication in relation to learning new languages + related it to what I want to do at Stanford and why the university is the perfect environment for me
-Excited about learning essay: 9/10 talked about how i was weird as a kid because i communicated a lot through maths and no one understood but then showed how that helps me seek for knowledge + related it to Stanford
-Letter to Roommate: 8/10 talked about how I have been making and selling my own jewellery since I was 8 and how i’ll continue to do that when at Stanford. I feel like this one reflects a lot on my personality bc I have a more sarcastic tone and it also shows things that i do in my free time but idk if I 100% like this one
—Letters of Recommendation (3 of 10) and additional info about them:
School Counselor: 9/10
-1) Physics Teacher: 8/10 pretty good I think, i’ve always had a really good relationship with the teacher (might reflect on how much I love physics and my academic performance)
-2) Portuguese Teacher: 9.7/10 she told me that it talks a lot about me moving to Brazil and how i put in a lot of effort to learn portuguese and ended up having the best academic performance in port B + relates to my CA essay
-3) Visual arts: 7/10 really don’t know about this one (she said it was really good but idk)
Interview:
was pretty good, nothing out of the ordinary. The interviewer and I had a lot in common and i feel like we agreed in lots of stuff. I was also able to talk about stuff i didn’t put in my application such as research papers I did and work experiences and stuff which he wrote down to put on the report.
Demographics
Race: Latina/ European
First Gen or URM (Y/N): i’m from Argentina?
State/Country: applying from Brazil but born and raised in Argentina
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me Stanford University REA Class of 2024

• cutepugcutepug 100 replies3 threads Junior Member
  • tk21769tk21769 10672 replies27 threads Senior Member
    I'd estimate your chances are somewhat better than Stanford's overall admission rate, which is very low. Higher than 5%, but maybe not as high as 25%. Wait and see what the Stanford adcoms say? Meanwhile, maybe focus on some less selective options? Many state universities have good engineering and business management programs.
    · Reply · Share