right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Stanford Waitlist Class of 2024

Replies to: Stanford Waitlist Class of 2024

• Youngboy2019Youngboy2019 44 replies0 threads Junior Member
    they're not even done with this year, so how would it be possible to release a common data set lol. thats from last year
    · Reply · Share
  • cheddarthedogcheddarthedog 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    hi everyone, hope everything is ok! so I have been looking at the FB page and now they are at 1301 (so about 15 people have been added since friday).... still waiting on any rejection or extended waitlist emails ://
    · Reply · Share
  • JakeW123JakeW123 53 replies0 threads Junior Member
    We probably all are on extended waitlist
    · Reply · Share
  • BottalkBottalk 1 replies0 threads New Member
    @jasmioh Congratulations! Does anyone know if frosh will be able to start on campus for fall?
    · Reply · Share
  • Waiting2exhaleWaiting2exhale 3087 replies18 threads Senior Member
    @Bottalk : Stanford has not solidified any plan for the fall yet. Someone upthread posted a link to the release the university has made wherein it discusses some of the ideas and strategies under considetation, and flatly rejects some others.
    · Reply · Share
  • Youngboy2019Youngboy2019 44 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Harvard rejected people today :(. Is it confirmed that Stanford hasn't rejected anyone off waitlist yet?
    · Reply · Share
    yep :/ hopefully we know by next friday? since thats the cutoff for the accepted waitlisted ones. lets pray for more waves and earlier response times lol
    · Reply · Share
    Tbf harvard waitlist is like 2000 ppl so they knew they could reject a lot of them. Stanford is only 600ish
    · Reply · Share
    so today is the response day huh? anyone heard anything about the waitlist yet??
    · Reply · Share
  • jimjung76jimjung76 46 replies1 threads Junior Member
    no update for me
    · Reply · Share
    same here...maybe we will know on monday?
    · Reply · Share
  • apizookieapizookie 1 replies0 threads New Member
    probably monday cuz if the deadline for first wave decisions was tonight then they probably need time to send out the second wave emails
    · Reply · Share
    nothing today either :(
    · Reply · Share
    What do you guys think about Stanford's recent announcement. About classes next year.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2024results2024results 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    ^ from what I understood half of undergrads will be on campus and alternate every quarter. Online learning will be the default. I would say that Stanford is not going to take more students than necessary. Their class number fluctuate a little bit every year, but they’re gonna probably keep it on the lower side so they can have safe housing. I think that if a large portion of the waitlisted students that just got in don’t accept their offer, they won’t take anymore. Since a lot of schools are doing similar things, I doubt it’ll change anything for domestic students. Maybe more international students will take a gap year. If you live near Stanford you may have a chance to get of the waiting list. I’m not expecting anymore people to get off it tho :/
    · Reply · Share
    I actually disagree. Apparently a poll in the stanford groupme showed that 25 out of 173 ppl are taking a gap year. Even assuming the actual rate ends up being lower than this, it's still probably going more than a hundred extra ppl taking a gap year this year. That's about 400,000 tuition dollars list per year and 1.6 million over 4 years. Stanford definitely doesn't want to lose this much money, so they'll make every effort to replace them with ppl willing to pay for online classes. Even if they don't replace everyone, we should still see at least a decent amount of movement of the waitlist after june 15th.
    · Reply · Share
    Lmao I cant multiply. 4 million per year and 16 million dollars over 4 years. Assuming the average is about 40,000 dollars per student per year.
    · Reply · Share
  • len0153len0153 3 replies0 threads New Member
    what is the significance of June 15th?
    · Reply · Share
  • LuvbadgersLuvbadgers 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @len0153 ” If, upon reflection, you choose to take a gap year rather than enrolling this fall, please let the admissions office know by June 15. “

Per letter daughter received recently from Stanford pertaining to enrollment in Fall 2020.
    · Reply · Share
    the Stanford Facebook group suddenly dropped from 1319 to 1298 members today
    · Reply · Share