right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Stanford Waitlist Class of 2024

Replies to: Stanford Waitlist Class of 2024

• Youngboy2019Youngboy2019 48 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited May 5
    ^ that is correct
    edited May 5
    · Reply · Share
  • gissellegperezgissellegperez 13 replies0 threads New Member
    Yeah for Stanford my first choice major is public policy, but on a pre-med track.
    · Reply · Share
  • jimjung76jimjung76 46 replies1 threads Junior Member
    My first choice major is aeronautics/astronautics. I'm from the Midwest and currently committed to my state school.
    · Reply · Share
  • losernamelosername 57 replies0 threads Junior Member
    YoungBoy: I'm still confused on your logic. Since HumBio is seen as a precursor to premed, why would an abundance of HumBio waitlisters suggest Stanford is low on premeds ... wouldn't it be the opposite, i.e., that they've already accepted lots of HumBio majors and had to waitlist many others?
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 5
    It was a joke, so don't read into it too much. If we did try to dissect it, however, they may have purposely waitlisted so many biology majors and/or pre-med students because the yield for that field may not specifically be as high as their other student chosen majors. I said the statement as a joke, but there is an abnormally high number of bio/human bio majors here.
    edited May 5
    · Reply · Share
  • losernamelosername 57 replies0 threads Junior Member
    YoungBoy: Thanks for that ... we all need a little levity these days. If you really want a laugh, go to the Berkeley WL board ... over 1200 uber neurotic posts, mostly about a totally irrelevant "glitch" in their portal. Lord Stanford, god of the waitlist, please save me from having to go to Berkeley.
    · Reply · Share
  • gissellegperezgissellegperez 13 replies0 threads New Member
    @losername Lmao! We will see what happens!
    · Reply · Share
    I hate this wait so much. I hope they release Thursday.
    · Reply · Share
  • xenn322xenn322 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Communications, Sociology & Product Design major here :)
    Anyone who's majoring in these too?
    · Reply · Share
  • silverfish01silverfish01 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Computer Science, impacted major ><
    · Reply · Share
  • RichardWright1RichardWright1 32 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @xenn322 Communications is my first major as well
    · Reply · Share
  • stephsoofanaticstephsoofanatic 3 replies1 threads New Member
    I'm a comp sci major
    · Reply · Share
  • noel8373noel8373 1 replies2 threads New Member
    Is anyone else an earth systems major?
    · Reply · Share
  • xenn322xenn322 2 replies1 threads New Member
    @RichardWright1 Yay, communications majors unite!!
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 6
    RIP Dartmouth waitlist kids, the class is full. Maybe that means Stanford admits went there haha, jk prob not
    edited May 6
    · Reply · Share
  • jimjung76jimjung76 46 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone else get this message after you click "Display" waitlist response form on the application portal:

"Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed."
    · Reply · Share
    Is anyone else nervous for tomorrow? I mean this is the historic “first wave” date
    · Reply · Share
  • zdlnaxzdlnax 1 replies0 threads New Member
    yes
    · Reply · Share
  • melodiousdeckmelodiousdeck 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    i know not to expect anything until at least tomorrow, but i just keep picking up my phone and checking my email LOL i have better things to do than just wait around for an answer that might not come but i cant focus on anything?????
    · Reply · Share
    Omg yes! I’m so restless. Day and night. My life is lowkey on hold for this...
    · Reply · Share