right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Stanford Waitlist Class of 2024

Replies to: Stanford Waitlist Class of 2024

• Youngboy2019Youngboy2019 48 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Transfer decisions didn't come out today. Usually, first wave is released the day after transfer decisions.
    · Reply · Share
  • xlandkexlandke 50 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @Youngboy2019 Do you know when transfer decisions come out?
    · Reply · Share
  • jimjung76jimjung76 46 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited May 6
    @xlandke By May 15th, according to the Stanford Transfer thread
    edited May 6
    · Reply · Share
    they say that, but they release earlier always. It's like how colleges said by April 1st, but they released much earlier.
    · Reply · Share
  • BombowtoBombowto 12 replies1 threads New Member
    Are the transfer decisions always released prior to the waitlist decisions?
    · Reply · Share
  • 2024results2024results 29 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited May 7
    @jimjung76 This is what shows up when I click the wait list response “Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed.“ I remember seeing the same question on an older thread. I think it automatically changes to that on everyone’s portal since the deadline already passed
    edited May 7
    · Reply · Share
  • gissellegperezgissellegperez 13 replies0 threads New Member
    It also says the same thing for me when I select in “Display” my waitlist response. I am so nervous! I am really hoping it’s tomorrow. I want to stop thinking about this and move on with a final decision
    · Reply · Share
  • nervousaboutcollegenervousaboutcollege 3 replies1 threads New Member
    If today is the day, good luck to everybody!
    · Reply · Share
  • Waiting2exhaleWaiting2exhale 3087 replies18 threads Senior Member
    Good luck to you all.

The support and encouragement you have given to each other in this thread speaks to your character and belief in building community.

May you bloom wherever you land.
    · Reply · Share
  • gissellegperezgissellegperez 13 replies0 threads New Member
    Today might be the day we have been waiting for! Good luck to all of you. If I don’t get in I hope one of you does! ☺️
    · Reply · Share
  • cheddarthedogcheddarthedog 38 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hm seems like the transfer decisions are coming out tmrw...so maybe waitlist will be out soon (at least the first wave)
    · Reply · Share
    yea, it'll prob be tomorrow or monday
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 7
    Good luck everyone, for whenever the first wave comes out! I hope plenty of us get in first wave and more of us in future waves, but regardless I'm sure everyone will thrive where they're currently committed :-)
    edited May 7
    · Reply · Share
    why does the stanford fb groupchat keep going down in members? It's at 1286 now. I can't help but get my hopes up.
    · Reply · Share
    @Youngboy2019 I think they remove people who committed elsewhere. But tons of admits aren't on FB groups.
    · Reply · Share
  • cheddarthedogcheddarthedog 38 replies0 threads Junior Member
    ^^ that's true but ugh! i hate the waiting...I want to know already :( you guys think it might be today or with transfers tmrw?
    · Reply · Share
  • EarlNightingaleEarlNightingale 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Are we sure that Stanford will even be going to the wait list? I know we're all talking about waves of acceptance from it, but I'm skeptical of the two accounts of people getting off so far, since both were secondhand. Also, Dartmouth's capacity was full this year. Surely, that could be a bad sign that some colleges may have underestimated their yield with COVID, Stanford possibly being one of them.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2024results2024results 29 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I thought that they revived all the applications of those waitlisted after May 1st. Does anyone know the process? Assuming that they started to review on Monday, I don’t think that a few days would’ve been enough to read over 500 applications and discuss them virtually. Hopefully they don’t drag it on too much.
    · Reply · Share
    @EarlNightingale They've used it for the past 4 years. I would be shocked if they didn't use it this year considering the mess COVID-19 has made.
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 7
    ^ they used it well in the past; why would a situation like corona make them not go to it? @EarlNightingale
    edited May 7
    · Reply · Share