right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance Me Stanford REA '25

chloe0932chloe0932 5 replies2 threads New Member
edited July 9 in Stanford University
Hi! I am a White (Middle Eastern)/ Hispanic female from NYC who is strongly considering REAing to Stanford. My 'story' is that I am heavily involved in (with a passion to pursue) entrepreneurship, with an emphasis on social justice and tech.

<<<<<<<Academics>>>>>>>>
- 4.0 unweighted GPA (94.33/100)
- 35 ACT (32 Math, 34 Science, 36 English, 36 Reading)
- 9th and 10th grade Honors wherever possible
- 11th and 12th full IB with 4 HLs

11th IB courses and grades:
- Math A&A HL (95)
- Comp Sci HL (99)
- Lang & Lit HL (95)
- History HL (96)
- Chem SL (95)
- Spanish SL (94)

Other full-credit summer courses:
- Stanford Physics (expect a 95+)
- Advanced Physics with Calculus (expect a 95+)
- Economics

College For-Credit Classes:
- UCSD Entrepreneurship + Leadership (B+)
- Harvard Law & Psych (A)
- Harvard Business & IP Law (A)

<<<<<<<Extracurriculars>>>>>>>>
These are the top 10 that I will be listing:

1. Founder/ President of a nonprofit that provides toiletries to NYC homeless (2 years)
My essay will touch largely on this ^^^ it has 70+ members in 18 schools and has served thousands of people.

2. Volunteer staff at soup kitchen after regular volunteer-work for a few years (5 years)

3. Intern at Amazon Web Services to a global product manager, where I helped sales by researching clients and finding ways to improve their experiences (100h over 4 weeks)

4. Co-Founder/ Co-President of Kids Who Code at my school where I taught middle schoolers basic HTML and CS (2 years)

5. Spark Tank - startup incubator program where I launched my nonprofit and mentored other entrepreneurs (5 years)

6. Google CodeNext - learned how AI works, how to code in CSS, C++, made basic AI models (3 years)

7. UCSD credit-bearing entrepreneurship program where I learned about the structure of businesses and how to network, I was a student and afterwards a mentor (2 years)

8. Captain of Varsity Volleyball Team and Club VB team where I managed team and outreach events (4 years)

9. Class Head for Student Council - successfully led Zero-Waste and virtual peer tutor initiatives (3 years)

10. Math Team (Starter in 10, 11, 12) - besides competing I would explain to members a competition problem every week (4 years)

<<<<<<<Awards:>>>>>>>>
- Diamond Challenge Finalist (startup competition - social innovation track) (international)
- AIME math competition qualifier (score - 4) (national)
- 1st place Google CodeNext Hackathon (national/ regional)
- National Hispanic Scholar (national)
- ACIS Volleyball Award (league player award)
(?? should I include I am a 3 time defending psychology trivia champion in NYC instead of volleyball award??)

I would say I'm a very good writer, and for my essay I plan to focus on my ability to combine social activism with entrepreneurship. Please let me know what areas I can improve in! Thank you!!!!
edited July 9
0 replies
· Reply · Share