Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

RD applicants: What will be your reaction?

Replies to: RD applicants: What will be your reaction?

• ScaredAsHellScaredAsHell Registered User Posts: 234 Junior Member
    ^hahahahaha

I think we are going to have ALOT of waitlists for RD this year. Stanford Semi-Slaughter then?
  • =skyblue==skyblue= Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    lol
    If accepted, scream,slack off for that week,scream more
    If rejected, laugh out loud probably, cuz there's like 0.0001% chance i am gonna get accepted
  • CrystalProphecyCrystalProphecy Registered User Posts: 820 Member
    accepted: post on facebook and tell everyone on aim
    rejected: "I wasn't expecting to get in anyway."

That's all I really can think of doing. And it's probably gonna happen just like that.
  • zoreo09zoreo09 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    I absolutely think I will not get in. So if it swings one way, it'll be just what I expected and the other will be total shock.
  • coolio323coolio323 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Accepted: repeat over and over again, "I just got into Stanford, I cannot believe I got into Stanford, mom did I just get into Stanford?." And then go get some celebratory Chipotle

Rejected: repeat over and over again, "You knew this was going to happen, no big deal." And then get some Chipotle.
  • reallyseemereallyseeme Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    You are totally right! Chipotle either way for me, too.

It's also going on in my mind, though, that there's no possible way I could get in, but at the same time I don't want to do that because I want to continue sending positive vibes over to Palo Alto. I'm trying to decide when the right time is to finally say, "There's no way," to myself, so that I'm not crushed if/when I receive my rejection.

...Is anyone else caught in this dilemma?
  • PKWsurf21PKWsurf21 Registered User Posts: 556 Member
    Accepted: Book a flight to California for the next day and go throughout the neighborhood yelling how happy I am
    Denied: Eat a ton of ice cream and book a flight to Disney World because at least there, they say all my dreams can come true.
    @reallyseeme

Oh my gosh, I actually do have that problem! I have solved it by saying, "I can do it, I am totally getting in, please let me get in!" during business hours, and then saying, "I am not getting in, be ready for disappointment there is no way you are getting in," at night, when there is no way anyone is making a life changing decision.

Also Chipotle rules.
  • eatsaloteatsalot Registered User Posts: 1,465 Senior Member
    ^same for meeee. it's really hard :(
    :) Smaaaaart. I'm doing that from now on, too. It's nice to know that we'll be eating Chipotle at the same time. Burrito bol, carnitas, con black beans, fresh tomato salsa, and guacamole.
    haha! Just from your Chipotle selection I can tell that you deserve to go Stanford. You should maybe send it as a supplement?

Hey Stanford AO I just wanted to email you and say that I like the carnita Burrito bol at Chipotle, so yeah, where is my acceptance letter?

I think it might work ;)
  • hookem168hookem168 - Posts: 3,206 Senior Member
    Bols? Y'all are weak. Man up and get a real burrito! Steak with peppers and onions, rice, pico de gallo, red chili salsa (the hottest), and some lettuce.

Teh ownd.
    Ha I would love to send that e-mail! It would work on me. If I end up with the misfortune of rejection, I'm sending it the minute after I get the rejection e-mail.

If we miraculously (referring to me) both end up at Stanford, let's go out for some Chipotle.
    hookem168: Oh snap. Fine, that does sound like a manly burrito. But Chipotle stuff is not really Mexican, just nice and fresh, which is why I like getting bols. If anyone is in the Bay Area and reading this, holler at La Victoria. That's a hardass burrito. Anyway, I've never tried the fajita burrito, though it does sound good. I just really like the bols, so I order it every time. Maybe I WILL try a fajita burrito with hot salsa on Stanford slaughter day.
  • ShuffleShuffle Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    I mentioned Chipotle burritos in one of my essays...

Stanford seems to attract a lot of burrito lovers, judging from this thread.
This discussion has been closed.