Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

orientation freebies?

garougarou Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
edited July 2005 in Stanford University
Does anyone know if we're going to get any free supplies at orientation? I ask 1) because free stuff is cool and 2) so that I don't end up bringing something unneccesarily, like my brother when he bought a new backpack only to get another at Davis.
Post edited by garou on

Replies to: orientation freebies?

• nkaynkay Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    I want a free backpack! I'm just using an old one, can't be bothered to get a new one now, but a free one would be nice :) UChicago students get free backpacks too, so I hope we'll also get one.

I mean, since we're paying an exorbitant amount for tuition, they might as well give us a few nice freebies. You know what would rock? If they gave us free bikes. I mean, Duke students get a free iPod, and a bike can be cheaper than that if they buy them from Target or Walmart!

I want a free bike!
  • Nana767Nana767 Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
    how about free laptops?

no?
  • staticsoliloquystaticsoliloquy Registered User Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    hah, i just want a planner!!
  • efilsiertaehtefilsiertaeht Registered User Posts: 195 Junior Member
    well, i can guarantee lots of free shirts... they're my boyfriend's entire wardrobe. :-P
  • firebird12637firebird12637 Registered User Posts: 371 Member
    oh man, i need some stanford t-shirts... i dont have a single one...
  • zephyr151zephyr151 Registered User Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    I would like some free schwag.

I have four Stanford t-shirts (only one of them was paid for) but I could always use more.
  • kimberkoolkimberkool Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    hong Kong university gives out free laptops to all new students. apparently it's a tradition... that totally ROCKS!!! for those who get in, of cousre. and they're good ones too.

i hope there are freebies. i live for freebies. :)
    Free laptops!!!!! Yeesh. We're going to one of the premier schools in the world, in SILICON VALLEY, and they don't give US free laptops. I bet all we get is a cheap plastic fan with the letter S. Or a hat.

Kuwait University doesn't give out any freebies. Then again there's virtually no tuition fee, so the students can't complain. Wait, yes they can - it's a crappy uni.
  • zephyr151zephyr151 Registered User Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    I wouldn't mind a hat.

But I would take a laptop over a hat.
    I would take a laptop over a hat AND a bike.

Imagine if they gave us all Apple computers....plus an iPod... *dreamy look*

Like that's going to happen. No, we'll probably get a hat. Plus a t-shirt if we're really lucky. If we're children of alumni then we'll get a hat-t-shirt-flip-flop combo (I hear there are Stanford flip-flops)
  • FrodoFrodo Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    flip flops, cool, thats all I need, well a laptop wouldnt be bad, i could use my laptop money for trips to San Francisco, or for music. I just hope they can give us all ipods, i mean, with sillicon valley so close and everything. Flip flops, California weather, Stanford, what else do you want in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i want birkenstocks flip-flops, cargo shorts, a stanford t-shirt, and sunglasses, essentials for a stanford students!
    "Flip flops, California weather, Stanford, what else do you want in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Indeed!
  • garougarou Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    A nice and big planner and a new backpack is all I ask for in life. Having grown up in California, I have more flipflops than I know what to do with. Stanford flipflops wouldn't hurt though. I won't need any of it, though, if I transfer to Hong Kong University. ;)

On second thought, forget the laptops. If we're going for Silicon Valley-related freebies, then I want complimentary shares of Google.
    haha shares of Google =)
    ...Apple too.
This discussion has been closed.