Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Include all SAT scores on Common App if we've sent all in via CB?

Sci-FrySci-Fry Registered User Posts: 1,316 Senior Member
edited December 2009 in Stanford University
Hi,

As many of the school I'm applying to allow score choice, I have only put my highest SAT score on the common app. I really don't feel like I need to create multiple common app versions just to include more SAT scores on some of the versions.

However, I'm not trying to evade the no-Score choice policy, I've already sent in all my scores to Stanford. Is it acceptable for me to just include my highest score on the app, since I've sent all scores in already through College Board?
Post edited by Sci-Fry on

Replies to: Include all SAT scores on Common App if we've sent all in via CB?

• AffeAffe Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    All you have to do is just hit "Add Test," and then you can add test scores from multiple sittings. You don't have to create multiple versions of your app. I would list all of them since it takes about a minute to do.
  • Sci-FrySci-Fry Registered User Posts: 1,316 Senior Member
    What I mean is that if I add the test for Stanford, then I'm adding the test for all colleges I submit the common app to. All of my other colleges allow Score choice and I don't want to submit one of my scores to them.
  • abcdefg1234abcdefg1234 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Any method of self-reporting scores is unofficial. You may choose to ignore ONE or several tests when you self-report. If a school does not allow score choice, you will HAVE to send them all of your tests through COLLEGEBOARD ALONE. This is the ONLY OFFICIAL WAY to submit SAT scores. Therefore, yes, you can.
  • abcdefg1234abcdefg1234 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Also, if you feel uncomfortable with what I posted above you can just create multiple editions of the common app.
    Oh ok. That makes sense. I think it's fine if you just list one of your tests on your CommonApp and officially submit all scores to Stanford. Matter of fact, that is what I did.
  • Sci-FrySci-Fry Registered User Posts: 1,316 Senior Member
    Ah ok thanks! I'm still waiting for my December score (uber delayage), so hopefully if I get that tomorrow and my score has increased I can include that one on the Common App... Just waiting to submit now.

Thanks again.
  • 112358112358 Registered User Posts: 1,944 Senior Member
    How do you create multiple editions of the CommomApp?
    Once logged in, click "Instructions" in the left-hand side. Then on the list select "Application Versions." Then just follow the directions.
  • 112358112358 Registered User Posts: 1,944 Senior Member
    Thanks .
This discussion has been closed.