Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Paying by Credit Card

ipopovaipopova Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
edited December 2009 in Stanford University
The Common App won't let you submit your common app until you have paid. I've heard that processing a credit card payment takes four days or so, so if I paid now (Yes, I know I procrastinated), would I be able to submit my common app on time?
Post edited by ipopova on

Replies to: Paying by Credit Card

• anagenesisanagenesis Registered User Posts: 341 Member
    Pay by credit card and save the conformation email. Choose the mail check as the payment option and then you can submit your stuff.
    i had the same problem, i emailed them and received this reply: Thank you for your message.
    If you have received a valid payment receipt from a Sallie Mae payment (email confirmation), but the payment is not showing up in the Common App Online, please use the “Other Fee Waiver” option or “Mail Check” to indicate payment. This will allow you to continue with the submission process. Your record will be updated within the next 24-48 hours to indicate the successful credit card payment.
    Regards,
    The Support Team
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/common-application/840390-online-payment-deadline.html
  • ipopovaipopova Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    Thank you. I'm getting a little frantic with crunch time so close, but this makes me calm down a little.
  • mattmorenzmattmorenz Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Is that email from the Sallie Mae people? And if so, will Stanford be expecting a check in the mail even though I submitted a credit card payment?
  • sunfiresunfire Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    So I am trying to pay right now, but the website directed me to a website to pay for a Brown University $75 fee.... I'm not even applying to Brown and it isn't on my CommonApp list. ****.
This discussion has been closed.