Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Things to do before NSO

NJDSNJDS Registered User Posts: 1,323 Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Stanford University
My summer is just starting (late, I know), and I'm just wondering if there are things that we should do before NSO over the summer.

I don't mean things like learn how to do laundry and buy clothes.
I'm wondering about things like... "you should start studying chem over the summer for 31X" or
"look through your classes on courserank" or "find the requirements for ur prospective major"

any advice from current/past stanford undergrads?
Post edited by NJDS on

Replies to: Things to do before NSO

• GeekNerdGeekNerd Registered User Posts: 583 Member
    Are you unfit? If so, get in shape. Learn how to ride a bike. The chem thing is decent advice if at all applicable. If you're in SLE, you have some reading to do. Set your Stanford email to forward to your regular service. Anyway, enjoy yourself.

Don't waste too much time on CourseRank/ExploreCourses before Fall, but go ahead and check them out before you arrive (if only because you won't have much time in between NSO activities to go online). When the new bulletin is published, write down the class times of the courses you want to shop, and if any are early, get yourself habituated to that timing.
  • zenkoanzenkoan Registered User Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    GeekNerd, when will the new course bulletin come out and be available online? TIA.
  • GeekNerdGeekNerd Registered User Posts: 583 Member
    http://vpsa-web.stanford.edu/registrar/news/bulletin-online:
    Courses and degree requirements for AY 2010-11 will be released on August 1.
This discussion has been closed.