Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!
VyPhamVyPham Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Is AP Bio hard???

Replies to: AP Bio

• Hazzan97Hazzan97 Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    The test requires a lot of analytical skills, especially for the multiple choice. Overall, the class is very detailed but still more than manageable.
  • dividerofzerodividerofzero Registered User Posts: 547 Member
    95% of the stuff you need to know should've been covered in a non-AP Bio Honors course. Most of it is just a test of whether you understand evolutionary theory and how organisms/systems/processes work.
  • SpeculaSpecula Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Is it easier than AP Chem?
    @Specula‌ It's less tricky than AP Chem but requires an equally firm grasp of the concepts to get a 5.
  • FiguejhFiguejh Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    AP Bio is a joke compared to AP Chem. AP Bio has to be the easiest science AP after APES. All you have to do is read the textbook and memorize.
    @Figuejh‌ What year did you take AP Bio?
    @dividerofzero‌ 2012. I saw the changes made to the new exam and I am honestly jealous of how easier it got
    @dividerofzero‌ 2012. I saw the changes made to the new exam and I am honestly jealous of how easier it got
    @Figuejh‌ Yeah, it's less tricky but I'm surprised that the 5 rate is so low still.
    @dividerofzero Same reason that AP Calc BC 5 percentage is super high
    @Figuejh‌ To be fair, AP Calc BC was a very easy test since it had so little depth. I basically failed every test second semester of BC Calc and still got a 5, so...
    @dividerofzero‌ if you think that Bio is harder than Calc BC you're on crack. Bio is by far the easiest AP
    @Figuejh‌ Calc BC the class was tougher than Bio the class, but the AP had zero tricks to it. Maybe I'd give you the "r = 1/2" part but everyone seemed to get that. I mean, you should see the curve on those math/science AP's- even if you consider the questions tough, you can botch half (or even more) of the test and still pass. Bio and Chem are just attempts to reduce the influence of that curve; the questions aren't tough for sure (well, maybe #6 on the new Chem?) but the reduced curve makes them much riskier. Also, if you think that Bio is easier than the joke APs where you either get a 5 or you didn't learn anything at all (AP Physics B, Environmental Sci, Art History, Chinese, Art), you probably know bio (the subject, not the class) pretty well.
  • cheese63pcheese63p Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I honestly thought I was going to fail the exam but I ended up getting a 3.
    It's not THAT hard if you pay attention or are good at biology, there are a lot of details and analysis in the course though. I'm pretty sure I just got lucky since I slacked off the majority of the year and then studied my butt off two weeks before the exam. I suggest you don't do what I did though, and really focus.
This discussion has been closed.