Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Very worried about my admission being revoked. HELP?!

JoeBOYJoeBOY Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I'm a ccc student transferring to SJSU in the fall. Here is my story...

I received a 'D' in one of the four golden courses; Communication course. The reason I received this grade was because I missed the final speech. I was sick and wasn't feeling too well to do my presentation. I emailed the professor the night before to see if I could make it up and offered suggestions to present my speech. The professor never replied back to my emails. Since he only teaches one course in my college, it was very difficult to track him down at school. The semester is now over, and I saw that I received a D. I need at least a C to be accepted to a CSU. I emailed my counselor and told her my situation. She was able to get in contact with my professor, and I was able to talk to the professor directly and tell him about my situation. He told me that he needed to talk to the dean. Now I am very worried that the Dean might not accept my appeal. I don't want to have my admission revoked for one course and I do not want to transfer another year from now. Do you guys think that the dean will reject my appeal?

Replies to: Very worried about my admission being revoked. HELP?!

• JoeBOYJoeBOY Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
  • coolweathercoolweather Registered User Posts: 5,428 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Do you have an excuse note from a doctor? If not then it's hard to justify.

But your acceptance may not be rescinded because of a D. How about grades in other classes?
  • HPuck35HPuck35 Registered User Posts: 1,630 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    I feel for you but you created this situation. Why were you needing a certain grade just to squeak by? You should have been working to achieve more than just the minimum grade to transfer. Doesn't bode well for the future at your new school.

If I knew I needed to be there to make a presentation to achieve my goal, I'd drag my butt there sick or not. You need to develop that kind of attitude to be successful. Life isn't always easy.
  • aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 8,370 Senior Member
    I think you created a paper trail when you emailed your professor about being ill. Use that to your advantage; offer to send copies to the dean.
  • ortemisortemis Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    edited July 2015
    My friend was in the exact same position the spring semester. he was also trying to transfer to sjsu.
    he contacted a counselor, and they told him him to decline his admission because he will get rejected. Now he's staying another half semester and apply for spring transfer.

Anyway, what's your situation now? Were you able to get the appeal through?
This discussion has been closed.