Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I don’t want to live in a dorm anymore

nufanufa Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
I just got transferred from my old college to here...Other students are bullying me and my dormmates are mistreating me..i have no friend at all ..i feel so lonely..n emotionally tired..i feel so depressed and anxiety everytime i have to go back to the dorm...please help me..I’m done with all of this

Replies to: I don’t want to live in a dorm anymore

• browniesundaebrowniesundae Registered User Posts: 168 Junior Member
    edited April 1
    It's no fun to feel uncomfortable and stressed in your "home" at school. How are you being bullied or mistreated? When you say you "got" tansferred from your old college, do you mean within the same university? Was it your choice? How was your experience at your old dorm?

Have you talked to anyone about this? Go to your school's counseling center and be honest about how you are feeling. Talk to your parents. Talk to your RA. Together, you can come up with some concrete steps to make you feel more in control of the situation and make things better. You sound overwhelmed right now, but if you get some support and a sounding board, things can get better. And summer is right around the corner...
  • EmpireappleEmpireapple Registered User Posts: 1,438 Senior Member
    brownie sundae said it best. You need to talk to someone about this. No need to try to go it alone. Reach out today.
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 7,975 Senior Member
    edited April 1
    ... and do it this morning. Speak to your RA. If he/she is part of the issue, go to the building supervisor. If that doesn't work, transfer to another dorm. There are bound to be some empty rooms on hand. But take care of this today.
    How did things go yesterday?
  • nufanufa Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    They tell me to do things..they take my money n my stuff..n everytime we have a group activity ..i am the one who done everything cause they told me to...no..i got transferred to a new uni....it wasn’t my choice tho..it was my parents choice ..my old dorm was great..they all are friendly and a good friend of mine..I’ve talked about this to my parents..but they are too busy with their work to even care about me....I’ll try to talk with the counsellor..thank u anyway for the advice
    Awful..it was very bad
    Thanks..I’ll talk about it with the counsellor
    Hurmm..thanks
    OK. You need immediate housing elsewhere. Go to the RA today. Then the Dorm Director. Then the Director of Residential Life, all today, if necessary. Get moved out of that situation TODAY. There are rooms available for kids who suddenly need one, whether because of a situation like yours or because of something like a burst water pipe. Your tuition is every bit as valid as anyone else's; you should not be in a situation where your stuff is being stolen.

But as far as the thing they're telling you to do: Learn to advocate for yourself. Just say no.