Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

A decent high school abroad in the UK?

applenanaapplenana Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
edited May 2011 in Study Abroad
Does anyone have program suggestions for a sophomore looking to study abroad in the UK next summer? Any programs that you guys have heard that is decent and some-what worth the money? Or programs that you have personally gone through? Any input is much appreciated :]
Post edited by applenana on

Replies to: A decent high school abroad in the UK?

• AzarimankaAzarimanka Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    There is unfortunately probably little scope to do so. And unless you are studying for IB you would probably be quite a way behind the British students.
  • funnysoccergirl7funnysoccergirl7 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I believe Oxford and Cambridge both have summer schools for high school students. Are you thinking of applying to Uni in the UK?
  • applenanaapplenana Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I'm actually a pre-IB student at my school. It's one of the two schools with the IB program in our state. I think I am well prepared when it comes to doing stuff in the field of literature (comprehension, analyzing, etc), but I am horrible when it comes to math. I have a B in Algebra 2 :/ (maybe partly b/c our pre-IB courses are extraneous and that I have no time for math-pre-IB Bio (Biology SL at a slower pace), and World Experience (English, Philosphy, Sociology, World History (two period block class). But I heard that math in the U.K is very advanced compared to the US, is that correct? And I dearly wish to apply to a university in the UK :]
  • funnysoccergirl7funnysoccergirl7 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    My good friends has a really great blog about applying to uni in the UK and I attend St. Andrews as a full time student. Check out their blog:[url=http://theuniguide.****/]The Uni Guide[/url]
This discussion has been closed.