Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UWC - What is each one known for?

tornspacetornspace Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited November 2013 in Study Abroad
So I'm going to be applying to United World Colleges from Canada for 2014 (super excited/nervous/too many feels). I'm trying to narrow down where I'd like to go and I noticed some of the colleges say what the "specialize" in, for example Pearson College specializes in marine/water stuff. Unfortunately not all of the colleges tell you, so after seeing all the United World College threads on here I was hoping more knowledgeable people would be able to tell me what the various colleges are strong in? Thanks a bunch and good luck on your applications! (I know a lot of you have already submitted yours but the Canadian one just came out because we're late like that).
Post edited by tornspace on

Replies to: UWC - What is each one known for?

• lalalaraelalalarae Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    I am also new to this whole thing :) I'm applying from the USA. I know that AD has a very well developed music program and that the school tend to focus on the wilderness/people that are closest to their school. For example AD teaches Italian and RCN teaches the Norwegian language. AC, like Pearson, focuses on water and ocean studies (they are on the St. Donats Bay) I am curious about what the others focus on though. Does anyone know the focus of Mostar or Maastricht? I guess you can tell how i've been spending all of my "studying" time.
  • tornspacetornspace Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    It looks like Maastricht does a lot of outreach to students in The Netherlands not attending Maastricht. They also seem to be very environmentally conscious. I believe Mostar specializes in the "reconstruction of post-war societies" (Mostar profile from the UWC website), and I think but I'm not sure that they mainly accept students students from regions of conflict. What schools are you considering?
This discussion has been closed.