Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

London vs. Melbourne

lessistlessist Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
edited November 2013 in Study Abroad
Has anyone studied abroad in, or visited, both London and Melbourne? I'm so torn between the two and I don't have much time to decide.

I'm a Political Science and Film major, and I'm currently studying at UCL in London. I'm not the biggest fan of the university, but I love the city and I've made friends here, so it's a hard choice. My main reason for leaving would be to change universities--I can take film classes at the University of Melbourne, but not at UCL. This doesn't bother me much...I can take film classes when I return to my home institution. But it's why I initially applied for Melbourne for my second semester of studying abroad. Now it's difficult to go through with the decision.

I guess my real question is, for anyone who's been to both cities, which did you prefer and why? Could anyone give me a sense of what Melbourne is like? Anything would help really, since I don't know anything about Australia.
Post edited by lessist on

Replies to: London vs. Melbourne

• nordicbluenordicblue Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    UCL is a great university but they do not do not offer undergraduate degrees in film or political science. You can study foreign language films at SELCS but that's it. Don't blame UCL for not offering courses in your major; you should have checked before you left.
  • lessistlessist Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    haha, I knew exactly what classes were offered at UCL before I came. I said I didn't really mind either that they weren't totally relevant to my major...not why UCL bugs me. My question is about comparing London to Melbourne as places of habitation.
  • nordicbluenordicblue Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    Why does it bug you then?
  • LaylaRQ9LaylaRQ9 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I didnt study at university but i studied 3 times in London in Oxford House College and it was really amazing, i've got so much knowledge.
This discussion has been closed.