Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Graduate school in England

owlsaremybuddiesowlsaremybuddies Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
edited October 2017 in Study Abroad
In the United States it’s considered best to attend a different university for your undergrad and your graduate degree.
Is that true in the UK? It seems like they want you to attend the same university through your entire career.


Replies to: Graduate school in England

  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 Registered User Posts: 5,471 Senior Member
    In the UK the norm is to do your masters in the same university as your undergraduate degree- in many courses it is virtually seamless, just one year longer (you can often apply for it as a joint course).

    However, it is common to go to a different university at the PhD level.

This discussion has been closed.