Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Studying in Europe

SassafrasBoulderSassafrasBoulder Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I have been doing a lot of research on studying abroad, not as an exchange student, but has a full term full-time student. And while perhaps years ago international university is allowed even noncitizens to study for free, that Changed. It is important to check. Each School will have certain three programs that are taught in English, and there are actually more than you would think. Of course, there is the student visa requirement that a certain amount of funds must be ascertainable up to three years in advance, which could look like $35,000 in some cases. So even though it is definitely less expensive to study in Europe, it can be a lot of money upfront.

Replies to: Studying in Europe

• lestoufferlestouffer Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    Where are you looking specifically? I know that my daughter is interested in this as well, and there are schools that not only teach in English (and some in non-English speaking countries) but they also take the FAFSA and common app.
  • PurpleTitanPurpleTitan Registered User Posts: 11,637 Senior Member
    And there are still many English-language majors in Germany that are tuition-free.
  • LenuAiLenuAi Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    A lot of programs in Scandinavia are still tuition-free too. I did one in University of Oslo. I was pretty happy with it and it was in English.
    However, the living expenses are quite significant there compared to the rest of Europe.
  • alexgrinalexgrin Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    What about MBA programmes? You can compare programme descriptions, solicit opinions, and even visit campuses. We visited EMBA events not so long ago to choose the right school in Europe. It is a great chance to get to know prestigious EMBA programmes from around the world.