Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CBYX 2019-2020!

Replies to: CBYX 2019-2020!

• formerfirstgenformerfirstgen Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    CYBX for 2019-2020 applicants on Facebook. There are 80 members.
    edited February 11
    I talked with a current CBYX student. She said to be ready to say why you want to be a part of CBYX. And about what conflicts or challenges you anticipate and how you would handle them.
  • bballpt24bballpt24 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! This is my first post on CC so here goes. I'm in the AFS region (northeast), and I had my interview last Saturday. It was with three people and they asked me questions that were expected, but some were just out of the blue. I think it went okay, but maybe I messed up somewhere but idk I'm just stressing!
  • ThxsruknfrThxsruknfr Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Ya, my questions were not what I expected. Ever told me to prepare for hypotheticals, but I received none. For example, I was asked what my favorite piece of literature was and why. At least for me, my interview was more getting to know me.
    edited February 21
    Also, for everyone in AFS or any other region who receives feedback in March, good luck! It’s coming up soon!
  • davidyekwonkimdavidyekwonkim Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    When are results supposed to typically come out?
    It really depends on the region. I know AFS usually hears back mid to late March, and I think ASSE hears back before April 1st. I don’t know about the other regions, but if you google CBYX/(your program) blogs, you can usually find out when acceptances are usually released. Good luck! :)
    So around the March/April time period I’m pretty sure all programs release acceptances
  • cbears12121cbears12121 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry for replying so late. My interviewer called me and we set up a time and we met at Starbucks and it went from there. A lot of the questions were kinda based on the short essays if I remember correctly. @formerfirstgen
  • billnyegirlbillnyegirl Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    It sounds like all of the interviews are v different
  • jismis01jismis01 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello! I just received notification that I am a semi-finalist for my region. I've already done an interview and whatnot. I was wondering what the process towards the decisions coming later this month looks like.
  • sophiacohen26sophiacohen26 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 12
    Anyone from ASSE hear back yet?
    I was told that ASSE would hear back in the first week of April. I live in Southern California.
    @jismis01 what region are you in? In the ASSE region being a semi-finalist seems to mean that you got an interview.
    edited March 15
    AFS FINALIST!!! To everyone who made it congrats!! To all alternates, it is possible, just keep believeing. And to all people who will or have been rejected keep trying. You put so much work into this, just keep trying your hardest!