Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What should I do now after programmings without degree?

nobodygotnobodygot Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
I was poor and discrimination existed against me. I am now 30 with NO academic DEGREE. My math was exceptional in high school begin. Idea?
I write software since 18. Before, I was so good in math. In 1st year of high school, I was one of top five in the school totally and my math was also good. First year, all students were in an exam. I was in 2nd best city school, I say probably because its education was very bad in last years, because all were attending private class and I was alone, all were richer family than my 8 kids family. In that national math test, in first year, I got first in school AND PERHAPS 6th in city, all positions were well like it. The questions were very tough. I think there were those who had better position, I was not like it. In whole my age, I never attended a private school by now...

In 2nd year, I was the only in class who were getting very well marks in spite of not so much study. It made me famed as a math mind, suppose, my mark was above 90%, and there was no above %50 in school. All were failed. (my math was good before, too).

In third year, when we were in high school, I was not attending private classes exceptionally and my math started to decline. I was also lazy and were not trying to memorize formulas. Additionally, I started learning programming and hated non-practical math.
For example, in third year, my national calculus mark was only above %70.
I was not studying AT ALL!!
Now I am 30, but remember math stuffs from school. People say it doesn't matter after more than 10 years, but I didn't forget most of math. I made an NMS telecom software at 19. What should I do about having no degree?

Thanks!

Replies to: What should I do now after programmings without degree?

• katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 12,281 Senior Member
    Are you an American?
  • nobodygotnobodygot Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I am from Iran.
  • katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 12,281 Senior Member
    edited November 9
    Maybe you haven't realized this, but this site is for American students and their families, helping them decide where and how to apply to college, or international students who want to study in America. So unless you're thinking of applying to an American college/university, this may not be a good place to look for advice. Most of us here are not familiar with the educational opportunities in Iran.