Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Study in Germany – Now Germany looks for Indian Students

2»

Replies to: Study in Germany – Now Germany looks for Indian Students

• sundae87sundae87 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Everybody,
    I am planning to go to Germany for MS in Computer Science for Summer intake 2013 .
    Please let me know the good universities and about the job prospects after course completion.

Please share your reviews.

Thanks ,
    Sundae87
  • worriedmom777worriedmom777 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Hi,
    you will not find many German universities high up in the international ranking systems. That does not mean that you cannot get a good education there, but you have to be an independent and disciplined worker. Contact time with professors is rare and limited and many lectures are crowded.
    In your field you might want to think about a Fachhochschule (University of the Applied Sciences), at least if your plan is not to stay in the academic field for employment. At the Fachhochschulen, classes are small and so is the drop-out rate. After the Bologna reforms employment chances of University and Fachhochschul graduates are pretty much the same.
    Job prospects in your field are excellent and Germany is hoping to recruit more people from abroad. The important thing is: Know the German language. Even if most people do understand some English, you have a hard time living and socializing if you do not understand German.
    The big cities and also the small university towns here are very liberal and cosmopolitan. Germans have tendency to put down their own country when it comes to their "welcome culture", but I have found them to be as open as any other society.
    So, go for it.
  • harshsanghvi1harshsanghvi1 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    hey hi,
    i am messaging just because i want to go to germany for my masters . And i am in the 7th sem (Last year) of mechanical engineering.

my QUERY is :
    " My prospected aggregate percentage are about 62 to 65 at the end of 8th sem .
    please tell me that, is it okay with this percentage to apply in german universities ???
    And which universities are good with this kind of percentage, like high chances of getting admission.

mail : " [email protected]********** "

please guide me through this.

Thank You.
  • SchorndorfSchorndorf Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    You should wait for the end of your undergraduate degree before you apply.
    Then you can send in your academic certificates and your papers that prove that you know the German language well enough to be able to cope with the teaching at a German university.
    Any Master's course is competitive and you will be competing with the best students from undergraduate degrees. Everybody else has already left the university by then and that is true for about 50% of the people who started the course.
    But you should still try and improve your grades in your final year.
  • deutschfandeutschfan Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi Sushma or any other who can help,
    I would just like to know for which colleges can i apply in germany for post graduation.
    I have just passed my 12th from India and will do a bachelor in electronics degree here.I have already started learning german/deutsch
    plz reply at the soonest possible moment.

Sincere Regards.
2»
This discussion has been closed.