Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Study Abroad-Oxford/Cambridge

2»

Replies to: Study Abroad-Oxford/Cambridge

• PierreMariePierreMarie Registered User Posts: 412 Member
    no, I was already accepted to St. Anne's so they didn't consider me for St. Catz anymore.
    classics sounds interesting--especially at a place like Oxford! Are you going for sure? Do you know anyone else who's doing the visiting undergrad program?
  • KSolowKSolow Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    Yeah, I'll be going for sure. I know 2 others from Bowdoin who are going as well. I'm really excited, though a bit nervous.
  • PierreMariePierreMarie Registered User Posts: 412 Member
    KSolow, how many subjects will you be taking per term?
  • KSolowKSolow Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    I'm not sure yet. I'll obviously be taking one primary and one secondary tutorial. My primary one will certainly be Classics but I might try to take few religion tutorials as well. Have you made a decision yet?
  • photonphoton Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Is anyone here studying medicine in Oxbridge?

I would like to enquire about the admission criteria.Is it very much similar to the US ivy leagues' standard?
  • cupcakecupcake Registered User Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
    I would like to enquire about the admission criteria.Is it very much similar to the US ivy leagues' standard?

No, it is totally different because in the US medicine is a graduate school where you have to have completed an undergraduate degree first (in any major/s). In the UK it is a 6 year undergraduate course which you enter straight from high school.

All the details are on the web-sites of the schools you are interested in, so I suggest you go there.
2»
This discussion has been closed.