Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Bond vs U. Sydney (Gold Coast vs. Sydney)

RodLoRodLo Registered User Posts: 326 Member
edited March 2008 in Study Abroad
I'm planning on going abroad next spring and have basically narrowed my choices down to either Bond University of the University of Sydney. I know there are other threads on this (and believe me, I have read them all) but I guess they didn't really answer my question.

For those of you who have studied abroad in Australia or currently attend school there, I would really appreciate your opinions and views on the differences between Gold Coast and Sydney.

Thanks! :)
Post edited by RodLo on

Replies to: Bond vs U. Sydney (Gold Coast vs. Sydney)

• cupcakecupcake Registered User Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
    Are you a party animal? If so, go to the Gold Coast

Do you actually intend to study? Go to Sydney.

I lived in Australia (Melbourne) when I was a teenager and I've been back since, but I didn;t go to college there. From my friends who still live there, i get the impression the Gold Coast is a party place.
  • crazyyakcrazyyak Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    I'm in Australia right now at the University of Tasmania, and the main thing I have heard about Bond is that you have to be super rich, and there are heaps of Americans. So I guess if you want a more culturally rich experience, I would suggest Sydney (even though I don't really know much about either one).
  • F&M10F&M10 Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    I hear Sydney has the London affect - attracting lots of internationals. From what I gather, if you want the "true" australian experience you need to go to someplace exactly like Tasmania or someplace you wouldnt think originally. I am going to U-Sydney next year with IFSA-Butler - but I have family there and will likely get my masters or continue my education there.
  • harasbunkharasbunk Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    I'm at U. Sydney right now, and I had a friend who went to Bond last year. My friend gave me the impression that Bond is full of Americans. I came through the Arcadia University program, so I know a lot of Americans here, but I am living in one of the colleges and live with mostly Australians. I feel like where you live will have a big impact on your experience. Sydney (the city) is great, though a little more expensive than I was expecting.

Let me know if you have any questions about Sydney!
  • RodLoRodLo Registered User Posts: 326 Member
    Thanks everyone. I've decided to apply to the Bond program, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! :)
This discussion has been closed.