Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Summer Lab Work Decisions

KillzslayzKillzslayz - Posts: 59 Junior Member
edited March 2012 in Summer Programs
So, I am a junior right now and I want to decide what to do for the summer.

1. Clark Scholars. Let's assume that I'm accepted, even though that's highly unlikely.
2. Yale's Discovery to Cure High School Internship Program, which does cancer research which a professor. Let's assume that I'm also accepted here.
3. I've been doing research with a professor at the local children's hospital/university since the beginning of freshman. I've gone to ISEF twice with projects under the mentorship of this prof, he's recognized me as a valuable member, and this is the first time he's let me spend my summer at his lab.

Which one do you think I should pick? here is my rationale for them
Clark Scholars- Prestigious, hard to get in, looks good if you get in despite all the competition
Yale- it's at YALE, i get to do research at YALE, i make affiliations with YALE and i can possibly get a reference letter for YALE from a YALE professor <--emphasis on yale
Research- Continue my research to be more in-depth. another chance at intel ISEF next year. recognized as a "full member" of the lab, despite my status as a high school student
Post edited by Killzslayz on

Replies to: Summer Lab Work Decisions

This discussion has been closed.