right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Summer HS programs for criminal justice major?

NathanV18NathanV18 14 replies2 threads New Member
edited July 2012 in Summer Programs
Hey everyone!
I am a rising sophomore and was thinking about some things I could possibly do the summer before my junior year starts. I'm planning to major in criminal justice. What should I do? I'm willing to do anything that will look good on college apps.
edited July 2012
1 replies
Post edited by NathanV18 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Summer HS programs for criminal justice major?

• CatnPhxCatnPhx 163 replies15 threads Junior Member
    There is much you can do next summer ... here are some ideas (just brainstorming for you):

- Join the local PD or FBI high school volunteer programs
    - Contact your local college/university and speak to their CJ Director to see if you can do some research or something
    - Take a CJ enrichment program at a university next summer ... there are lots of good ones that will confirm your interest in CJ. My daughter has taken both a CJ and Forensic enrichment program and she loved them and they confirmed she wanted to be in CJ.
    - Either volunteer to paint graffiti OR start a club, raise your own funds and paint graffiti with the ASSISTANCE of your local PD.
    - Raise funds to assist the children of LE officers killed in the line of duty
    - Get a job (not sexy but solid thought)

Anyway, the point is that your summers should be productive and it's a great that you are thinking about it now. There are many things you can do, especially if you get creative.

Good luck!!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity