right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

My chances for admission to SSP?

DanielHendrycksDanielHendrycks 74 replies3 threads Junior Member
edited July 2012 in Summer Programs
Next year-I'll be a junior-I'll apply to SSP. What are my chances?
(I am including where I will plausibly be at the time I am applying, not currently.)

GPA:
~3.9 UW
Classes I am, or were, in (not a whole list, of course):
Scholars Calculus (and all precursors); Sch. Physics 1 & 2; EPGY Number Theory; Chem 1 (Sch. not available); and Sch. Bio 1.
Tests:
ACT - 33 Composite (36 Maths, 33 English)
SAT II Maths Level 2 - 800
SAT II Physics - 760 (This projection is iffy, plus or minus 40)
ECs:
Debate (chair of LD; some regional success); maths team member (5th in GPML State in Sprint Event; will take AMC 12); programming (we have no classes teaching it, nor do we have a club, but I code with in Python in free time); MUN (President; "outstanding delegation"); philosophy club (President). (In no particular order.)
Other information:
From a small (rather sports-oriented) school in Missouri with no AP classes.
About me:
I want to get into the field of quantum computing, since it brings together computer science, physics, and maths (all of which I love). Male and white. Middle class.
edited July 2012
3 replies
Post edited by DanielHendrycks on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: My chances for admission to SSP?

• RamapriyanRamapriyan 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hi-

Could you please let me know where you take the scholards physics and other subjects ?
    I am asking for my 8th grade son, i just wanted to learn further about it.

thanks
    Ram
    · Reply · Share
  • DanielHendrycksDanielHendrycks 74 replies3 threads Junior Member
    "Could you please let me know where you take the scholards physics and other subjects?" Marshfield Blue Jays "Scholars" in the name of the program just means that it is more intense than a normal class offered at my school; it is not preferable to AP classes, nor things similar to.
    · Reply · Share
  • DanielHendrycksDanielHendrycks 74 replies3 threads Junior Member
    "and other subjects ?"
    Sorry I skipped over that. Most other subjects I take at school, however, I do take classes through correspondents. The correspondents I use are MU high school (trigonometry), Indiana University high school (AP English), and EPGY (number theory).
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity