Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Applying to multiple summer programs?

19mathman9719mathman97 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
edited January 2013 in Summer Programs
Hey everyone,

I am planning on applying to a summer math camp, but I feel that I should apply to more than one in case I get rejected from a particular one. I was planning on applying to Mathcamp (If I get in I will be the happiest kid alive), HCSSiM, and AwesomeMath as a last resort if I dont get into HCSSiM or mathcamp. If I get accepted to one of those two and AwesomeMath, can I cancel my application for AwesomeMath? Because I really want to go HCSSiM/Mathcamp and would prefer it 100x over studying purely for competitions.

Thank you!
Post edited by 19mathman97 on

Replies to: Applying to multiple summer programs?

• mlbrownmlbrown Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    There is probably a penalty for canceling. You can call Awesome Math to ask for details. HCSSiM won't even have their problem set available until some time in March. I wouldn't expect a response from them until at least April.
  • ailad24ailad24 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    you can totally cancel.. its just a summer program its not a binding contract. just apply to both!
  • mlbrownmlbrown Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    Without a doubt, you can cancel. Many programs have cancellation policies once you commit to attending. You may lose some portion of your deposit.
This discussion has been closed.