Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help with summer program applications

CollegiateDreamsCollegiateDreams Registered User Posts: 980 Member
edited January 2013 in Summer Programs
I am interested in applying to these programs, but I think I have too many on my list. I'm not sure I would have time write all of the essays and I don't know if I would be able to get all of the letters of recommendation.

- CMU SAMS & AP/EA
- COSMOS
- BU RISE
- Stanford EPGY
- CATALYST Academy (Cornell)
- SES (Santa Clara)

Can anyone comment on the quality of these programs? BU RISE and Stanford's EPGY are both very expensive, so I'm think I should only apply to one. Which one do you think is better/more worth the price? Am I applying to a wide enough range of reach/match/safety programs?

Also: For CMU SAMS & AP/EA, is the recommendation a letter or just a form the teacher has to fill out? For EPGY and COSMOS, does anybody know how difficult/in-depth the recommendation form is for the teacher? I want to make sure I don't overwhelm my teachers. SES, CATALYST, and RISE all have pretty simple rec forms, but I wasn't sure about the others. Would it be too much to ask a teach to fill out 2 recommendations? I feel bad burdening them.

I am trying to get the info to the teachers who I'm asking for the COSMOS recs ASAP (tomorrow, hopefully) because the teacher recommendations are due Feb 22nd!

Thank you so much. I am pretty unsure about what to do here. Just looking for some overall guidance.
Post edited by CollegiateDreams on

Replies to: Help with summer program applications

This discussion has been closed.