Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

COSMOS UCDavis?

strawberrylimestrawberrylime Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited January 2013 in Summer Programs
Hi,
I'm in tenth grade. I would like to attend the biotech or chem cluster in the UCDavis COSMOS program, and I have a fairly decent background in math and science activities and my unweighted GPA is a 4.0.

However, my STAR test results aren't as high as I would like them to be. I got a 504 in the summative HS math section and a 396 in Biology. Would this negatively affect my chances of getting in?

Thank you!
Post edited by strawberrylime on

Replies to: COSMOS UCDavis?

• groverrohangroverrohan Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    Biotech is a particularly selective cluster, with only 18 students. If you have enough activities and relevant classes you'll probably have a good shot, and the 504 is admirable, but the 396 in biology may hurt your chances a bit for biotech. Have you taken the SAT or PSAT?
  • isaialamisaialam Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Yea don't worry too much about the Star cuz they usually dont matter, but maybe you should do the SAT or something to try to make up for it. However, Grades arent everything, and you will need extracurriulars. And what is your GPA weighted?
    Im also applying to UC Davis but for Biomed.
This discussion has been closed.