Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Google CSSI 2017

Replies to: Google CSSI 2017

• medicsunburnmedicsunburn Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Do they notify all applicants of whether or not they got in or is it only for the ones that got admitted?
  • 11kysta11kysta Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    @medicsunburn they notify everyone.
  • shadowclan98shadowclan98 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when you put in the information for the recommendation? (I finished and submitted the application, but it skipped over the recommendation...)
  • Dartmouth_21Dartmouth_21 Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    @shadowclan98 for CSSI there is no recommendation, just the scholarship. but if you applied for scholarship definitely go back and submit it, its due the 9th.

im pretty sure this is the case, but does anyone know if they determine whether you go to seattle/cambridge program based on where you live? like east coast goes to cambridge, etc
    @Dartmouth_21 This is what they say on the site:

"Residential Sites
    Students who live too far to commute to the day-camp offices will attend a residential program in Seattle, WA or Cambridge, MA where they'll live in dorm-style housing. Google covers and organizes your round-trip flight within the US and Canada."

So, if you live beyond a certain radius from the Google Office that is closest to you, you will be put into the residential program in Cambridge or Seattle (depending on the distance).
  • takeaderivativetakeaderivative Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 1
    Just completed the application and I'm very excited to apply for this opportunity. The Youtube question was interesting and quite fun to write for, but I have extremely limited knowledge of computer science. :p
    1.5 hours to deadline and I am starting on my essays. Let's see!
    edited March 2
    @11kysta The deadline is midnight of Thursday (11:59 PST on Thursday). So, as of the time of my post, applicants still have ~12 hours left.
  • KamiNamiKamiNami Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Guys on the section where you upload your transcript and resume, the view uploaded file is not opening my uploaded files.
  • SaharaDesertSaharaDesert Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @KamiNami lol don't worry I had the SAME problem. I even emailed them about it: this is what they responded:

1. Using another browser
    2. Clearing your cache and cookies on your current browser
    3. Using incognito (for chrome) or private browsing (for firefox)

IMO, third tip is the one that always works. You don't even have to open the whole thing in incognito mode - just right click and view in incognito window. I hope this helps!
  • KamiNamiKamiNami Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Thanks for replying, Yes it worked when i cleared my history!
  • samsar7samsar7 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I just submitted my application... I wanna know now if I got in ahhhh! haha
    My teacher hasn't submitted her recommendation yet. lol
    Anyway, which colleges have you guys applied to? I just know @Dartmouth_21 has got into Dartmouth. xD
  • sweatearlsweatearl Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Applied last night. I'm hoping to get in. I'm pretty sure, if they like your application enough that is, that they give you an interview based on past years, Does anyone know what this interview is like, or what types of questions are on it?
  • AWizardATrueStarAWizardATrueStar Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Just submitted last night...after finding out about it yesterday lol! Fingers crossed for everyone.

@sweatearl I don't think there's an interview. Last year the people who were accepted didn't interview (according to last year's thread).