Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Poetry Summer Programs

Creative_WriterCreative_Writer Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited September 24 in Summer Programs
Hi everyone!

I have a strong interest in poetry, particularly writing and analyzing it. I was wondering if any of you knew any summer programs for people like me. Also, I'm a rising high school freshman and kind of new to College Confidential so I don't know what other info is needed; if you need to know anything else just tell me. Thanks! :)

Replies to: Poetry Summer Programs

• hope469hope469 Registered User Posts: 166 Junior Member
    edited September 24
    Hi there! You may want to consider the Young Writer's Workshop in Virginia or the Iowa Young Writer's Studio. Both require writing samples (I know that YWW is at least a personal statement/maybe some works, while Young Writer's Studio will require a collection of works). Be forewarned that Iowa is one of the more, if not the most, competitive summer writing programs out there.

You can also look into conferences, like the NEYWC at Middlebury or CCYW at Champlain College (both in Vermont).
  • Creative_WriterCreative_Writer Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Cool; I will definitely check them out. Thanks!