right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

NYU Urban journalism workshop

MirandaG123MirandaG123 17 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
I applied to the Nyu urban journalism workshop and am so anxious to see if I got in!
I definitely feel a bit inferior and am wondering if my GPA/Experience will be enough to get an acceptance.If anyone could help me out and let me know what kind of honors programs and GPAs I'm competing with I would be super grateful!

Best,
Miranda
11 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: NYU Urban journalism workshop

• SalaconSalacon 10 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hey Miranda! I also applied and am nervous as all hell to see if I got in. I have a pretty normal-ish GPA for the program at ~3.8. Though, my hope for getting in is that I have some prior experience in journalism.

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • MirandaG123MirandaG123 17 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Thanks, I'm super anxious to see if I was accepted as well, best of luck to you!
    · Reply · Share
  • ziara0246ziara0246 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Did you guys receive an email confirmation after submitting your application?
    · Reply · Share
    Yes, I did. Why did you not get one?
    · Reply · Share
  • enr3291enr3291 77 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    yeah i got one and on the submittable app it says my application is on progress
    · Reply · Share
  • enr3291enr3291 77 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    in*** ^
    · Reply · Share
    When do you guys think we'll find out
    · Reply · Share
  • RoseKatRoseKat 20 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Hey Miranda, I applied and my high school does GPA's on a 100 scale, mine would be a 93 on that scale. When I look online to convert it to the 4.0 scale, a 93-96 is a 4.0 but a 90-92 is a 3.7. So I'm not really sure how I land on the 4.0 scale since I'm right at the beginning of the 93-96 range. My PSAT score wasn't that great either so I'm hoping my experience and my personal statement helps me stand out.

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
    Hopefully soon, it is Mid-May! lol
    · Reply · Share
    I was searching through some forums from last year and apparently they found out on the 23rd, hopefully, it's the same for us!
    · Reply · Share
  • RoseKatRoseKat 20 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I’ve been anxiously waiting all week for any type of reply or answer to my submission, even if it means a rejection. I feel like a sitting duck at this point, it’s so stressful. Hopefully we do find out by the 23rd.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity