Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

NSLI-Y 2019-20

duniieladuniiela Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello! This is an open discussion for anyone who is willing to share their experiences with the program, and for any questions to be asked and answered. I am a first-time applicant for Korea Summer and am looking for more insight into the program. Thank you and have a lovely day!

Replies to: NSLI-Y 2019-20

• Dancingmom518Dancingmom518 Registered User Posts: 214 Junior Member
    My daughter applied unsuccessfully for the Russia summer program last year, and this year plans to try for China summer. She has started Chinese in school and now has overseas experience (she was a foreign exchange student to Europe this past year), so we are hoping her chances will be better this time around.

I think we also made a mistake in asking a STEM teacher for a letter of recommendation. This year she will ask her French teacher to demonstrate her facility with languages.

Good luck to you.
  • shakutonshakuton Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    Hello! I'm a Seoul Summer 2018 alum, and can offer any advice about my experience if anyone wants it. NSLI-Y was honestly life changing for me and solidified my love for Korea and language. I would absolutely recommend nsli-y to anyone who loves language
  • SonomomSonomom Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks. What are your recommendations for the interview?